|Family|| Mother: Frankie Heck |
Father: Mike Heck
Brick Heck, (born November 3 2002) youngest child, who is an unusual boy who loves to read and has a habit of whispering to himself. This happens when certain words catch his ear and he wants to hear them again, quieter. He is exceptionally intelligent, but is easily distracted, leading him to procrastinate on – or just forget – his homework assignments and projects. He shows signs of Asperger's Syndrome as he tends to isolate himself from classmates and shows signs that he doesn't like to be touched.
He can remember things he reads, such as how to repair a lawn-mower in The Block Party, due to having a eidetic memory. He is very awkward, and doesnt have many friends, but makes friends with a equally awkward boy called Arlo, but struggles to deal with him. Brick is also a brilliant speller and almost won the regionals but was disqualified by a strict judge when he whispered the last letter to himself. However, in his second year of the competiton, he was eliminated in the first round of his local school competiton by misspelling "Reindeer", with the classic mistake of spelling "Reindear".
- His favourite colour is yellow.
- His favourite food is doughnut holes. (As mentioned by Sue in ''The Bee'')
- In ''The Telling" it is revealed that for many years Brick has been the family's snitch. In exchange for information about Axl and Sue, Frankie's been rewarding him with candy cigarettes.
- He loves words with three syllables.
- It appears that Brick has a compulsive need to participate in various school events and extra tasks (another expalation might be lack of assertiveness). However, due to his short-lived enthusiasm he's never able to finish them, which always ends with Frankie doing it for him.
- It is mentioned that Frankie and Mike did not mean to have him and therefore called him Oops until he was three.
- Extreme amounts of sugar makes Brick act and seem normal.
- In "Bunny Therapy", Brick has stated that he must say "The Pledge of Allegiance" 20 times before he goes to bed.
- In "A Birthday Story" it is revealed that when he was a newborn, Brick was accidently taken home by the Ferguson's for a month because Mike was so distracted by a football game he wheeled the wrong baby out of the nursery.