|Family|| Mother: Frankie Heck|
Father: Mike Heck
Axl Redford Heck (born 1994) is the athletic teenage son of Frankie and Mike, who can't be bothered to put on more than boxer shorts most of the time at home.
He is the stereotypical older brother: sarcastic, lazy, and mean to his siblings. He will often do things without permission, expects others to pick up after him, moan whenever asked to do anything that resembles work and would rather hang out with his friends than be with his family. However, he has shown flashes of kindness to his family occasionally, and is good at heart. He is a trial for Frankie, who wishes he would be more open with her, as he was apparently a very loving "momma's boy" when he was a child, something Frankie seems to want to re-capture. He is very self-absorbed and often referring to himself as "awesome". In the later seasons it is seen that he is a junior-senior in high school. Currently in season five, Axl is a freshman in college.And soon becomes annoyed with his roomate Kenny.
- Thirty-two is Axl's number in the football and baseball team.
- His favorite color is green.
- He likes donut holes.
- He is Mike's favorite child.
- He attended summer school.
- He is shown to care about Frankie (helped her when she went back to school).
- He loves bananas and poles.
- He likes pizza.
- He is always in his boxers when he's at home.
- He was once suspended from school and was forced to work at the quarry as punishment.
- Out of his two siblings, Axl seems to like Brick the most(this is shown in the episode "Twenty Years").
- Although he is often mean to Sue, he's shown from time to time that he really does care about her.
- His first girlfriend, Morgan, broke up with him.
- He is often sitting on the couch in front of the tv.
- He had a band with his friends, Sean and Darrin.
- He had a band called Axl and the Ax-Men