Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Axl Redford Heck (born February 1994) is a character that features in The Middle. He is the mischievous, rebellious, athletic, lazy eldest child of Frankie and Mike, and the older brother of Sue and Brick.
Axl began as a freshman at Orson High in season one, and is currently a business major at East Indiana State University on a football scholarship. In season 5, Axl had a college roommate, Kenny, but currently lives with his friend and football time Hutch, who he still lives with in Season 6. Some episodes later, Kenny returns in Axl and Hutch' college room.
Axl is the stereotypical older brother: sarcastic, lazy, some-what dimwitted and mean to his siblings. He will often do things without permission, expects others to pick up after him, moan whenever asked to do anything that resembles work and would rather hang out with his friends than be with his family. However, he has shown flashes of kindness to his family occasionally, and is good at heart. He is a trial for Frankie, who wishes he would be more open with her, as he was apparently a very loving "momma's boy" when he was a child, something Frankie seems to want to re-capture. He is very self-absorbed and often referring to himself as "awesome."
- Thirty-two is Axl's number in the football and baseball team.
- His favorite color is green.
- He likes donut holes.
- He is Mike's favorite child.
- He attended summer school.
- He is shown to care about Frankie (helped her when she went back to school).
- He loves bananas and poles.
- He likes pizza.
- He is always in his boxers when he's at home. During the summer when he was a lifeguard, he stayed in his boxers and went barefoot the entire summer.
- He was once suspended from school and was forced to work at the quarry as punishment.
- Out of his two siblings, Axl seems to like Brick the most (this is shown in the episode "Twenty Years").
- Although he is often mean to Sue, he's shown from time to time that he really does loves her.
- His first girlfriend, Morgan, broke up with him five times.
- He is often sitting on the couch in front of the TV. Many times he is seen watching TV with only in his boxers.
- He had a band with his friends, Sean and Darrin called Axl and the Ax-Men. Sue temporarily changed the name to Daseanax (Darrin+Axl+Sean).
- He is in a relationship with April.